Monday, June 17, 2013

Weight Loss, Healthy Gained

I want to tell you about a woman..

She loved her husband and kids.. she strived to keep her home neat and tidy, she homeschooled....loved the Lord and church. This woman loved to cook.. she did well on researching on chemicals and tried to avoid corn syrup, white breads, food dyes and preservatives.. She would be a good mamma and make her children homemade oatmeal bars sweetened with honey, she would enjoy these treats as well! No pop in her home! In her home there was one drink offered, ice water. She tried to drink as much as she could in a day, she even had to write it down just to make sure she got enough in her day... When she could she would make bread and always offered veggies and fruits. She would use *fake* butter on the steamed veggies, skip the salt and add lots of pepper....the *fake* butter container would please her, it says lower cholesterol! She would snack on bananas and feel great that she chose a healthy snack.

This woman was close to 300lbs and *gaining*..

This girl *was* me..
I am on the right, purple shirt, black skirt.



Can I take you on my journey? Around November I received one of my favorite magazines, Above Rubies. In this magazine they advertised this book:

{Trim Healthy Mamma by Pearl Barrett & Serene Allison}

I bought the book right away and anxiously waited for it to arrive! It felt like it took forever to come but then, yay it was in my mailbox! I started reading right away...my heart pounded with conviction, I knew the Holy Spirit was guiding me, 'this is the way.'

Trim Healthy Mamma is one B I G book, full of wisdom...I learned how a person gains weight, I learned new foods to try, recipes, recipes, recipes! From chocolate to pizza dough~ oh my! I learned why and how to exercise.. I learned how to be a foxy lady to my man..and why are *intimate* time together is s u p e r important.  

I started the Trim Healthy Mamma plan in November, around Thanksgiving. I did my best to try and give it a good start, I was excited. December came and my family all came down with a bad bug...I continued with the plan but fell off, eating whatever was easy and sounded good. January came, I was feeling so much better and back on my Trim Healthy Mamma journey!

I seen results quickly: my face would look thinner, clothes loose.. In the mid month of January, I was in a new size shirt! From a 3XL to XL. The inches came off FAST!

Its been 7 months since I started Trim Healthy Mamma and I feel like a *new* woman, actually its better then that.. I feel like ME, but IMPROVED! I have super energy for my family and home!

7months and I have lost 70lbs.

 
 
I am still in shock, in awe of the way that I look now..I am not near my goal but this journey has been amazing and I am just excited! The variety of food is quite amazing..I can tweak old favorites, enjoy icecream, frappas, pizza, creamy pastas, salads, steak, BUTTER!
 
If I could tell you one of my favorite things about THM its the wisdom...its the knowledge you learn in this book. Its power for a healthier YOU, a healthier family!
 
I cannot forget to mention how much my husband has lost {and loving the food}
 
 

AFTER
Trim Healthy DAD!

Want to know more information about TRIM HEALTHY MAMMA?
I invite you to check out Gwen's fantastic blog:
Gwens Nest, THM









 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous story and so close to home. I started THM at around the 290's and I am down to 272 in 6 weeks. I'm so excited that I'm finally beginning to see a change. Reading this has given me encouragment too. THank you for being open and honest. God Bless!

Debbie said...

Such a wonderful testimony about how fantastic THM is. Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

Awesome!!! You look fabulous :)

blessings~~angela

1stepatatime said...

I am very similar to you in the beginning. I always 'thought' I was eating right but I am overweight. I just started thm 1 week ago and really am learning a lot. Thanks so much for sharing your story. It gives me encouragement to stick with it!
God bless you!

Lisa Joy Thompson said...

I just started THM yesterday and I'm so excited about seeing how well this works! You have had amazing results! Keep up the great work!

Gwen said...

Wow, wow, SUPER WOW! I've got chill bumps! What a fantastic transformation you're undergoing. (((BIG HUG)))

Jenny said...

Yay! Such a great post. And look at hubby too! Wow! Glad you are feeling great and have your families support.

Lori said...

Just wanted you to know for a fact that I did look up the link to your blog from the THM Facebook page and you do look amazing. I too have enjoyed discovering the "ME" I had hidden away. Congratulations on your journey and discovery. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...